Bark Busters Investment Requirements
Estimated Total Investment: $52,100
Liquid Capital Required: $52,100
Net Worth Required: $100,000
Dog Training Franchise
Imagine being taught the secrets to train a dog in only two hours, to completely change its behavior, and to provide a previously stressed household with peaceful bliss.
Bark Busters was founded in 1989 by Sylvia and Danny Wilson in Wollongong, Australia, 50 miles south of Sydney.
We Believe Happy Dogs = Happy Families
Bark Busters is a tremendous opportunity for you to make a difference in your own life and in the lives of dogs and people everywhere. It is extremely important to us that everyone involved in this business has similar goals and a drive for success.
We are looking for special individuals who:
- are passionate about business and dogs
- desire an entrepreneurial lifestyle
- have great people and communication skills
- are self-motivated, enthusiastic and yet have patience for training
- will collaborate and work with Home Office on marketing
- possess strong sales skills
If you believe yourself to be a match for the Bark Busters system, then read on. As a Bark Busters behavioral therapist, you will face each day with new and exciting challenges. You will work with a variety of clients, network with veterinarians, other pet industry business owners and, of course, our canine companions.
We are confident that through your dedication and determination, owning a Bark Busters business will be one of the most rewarding ventures of your life.
Success Stories from Bark Busters Franchise Owners
I was tired of the corporate world and wanted to finally go out and do something that I had a passion for and that I could do as my own business. Thats everyones dream, right I was literally ready to open my own Pretzel Stand on some street corner, just to get out of that corporate life!
However, before I hastily left my high-paying corporate job, I wanted to make sure that I chose a business that would be a good match for me. I wanted to find a franchise where I could be in business for myself, but not by myself, and one in which I could excel NOT just because of my skills, experience and finances, but mostly due to the interests and hobbies that I have.
When I found Bark Busters, right away it matched my passion and love I have for dogs. I chose Bark Busters over the other franchises because I love to work with dogs. All my free time was previously spent volunteering at the local Humane Society shelter and working with the Labrador Retriever Rescue of Florida rescue group. It was a match made in heaven.
Now, I could work with people and their dogs and help the dogs become better-behaved companion animals and avoid being sent to the rescue groups and shelter due to behavior problems that can be fixed. It is much more fulfilling than my corporate job, and I look forward to work EVERY day. I tell people that the one thing I wish I could do over with the business is to have started it sooner!
- Mary Birrell; Tampa Bay, FL
|Bark Busters allows me to do what I am most passionate about: help families enjoy their pets by providing dog behavioral therapy and training using natural, holistic, and humane training methods in the pets home. The comprehensive Bark Busters training along with a masters degree in Adult Education enable me to be uniquely qualified to work with all individuals and their pets.
I decided to buy a Bark Busters franchise for several reasons. I love dogs. I love people. I am very good at one-on-one training. I enjoy selling. I enjoy building something from nothing. Bark Busters allows me to use all of these skills. I felt that Bark Busters was an excellent international company providing an excellent service in a recession-proof multi-billion dollar industry. This is the next great business and I wanted to get in as early as possible.
I love being my own boss and at the same time having a system and home office support. I could never work on anybodys schedule other than my own.
It is great helping people to enjoy their pets. I feel like Im contributing to their family. I have had other successful businesses but nothing has given me this much opportunity to make a good living, and allowed me to have this
- Max Alligood; Atlanta, GA
| I was tired of the corporate world and wanted to finally go out and do something that I had a passion for and that I could do as my own business. Thats everyones dream, right I was literally ready to open my own Pretzel Stand on some street corner, just to get out of that corporate life!
Pete and I were both working for Corporate America and getting tired of working very hard for someone else. We wanted to work hard for ourselves. We also got to a point in our life where we started questioning what we were contributing to the world. We both wanted to make a difference, to give something back. Our love and passion was with dogs. Buying our Bark Busters franchise was one of the best things we have ever done. We now get paid to do what we love and we save dogs lives almost every day. Our life is rewarding and meaningful.
The Bark Busters system teaches owners how to manage their pets behavior. Using techniques that are non-harsh, based on the way that dogs learn, and logical, Bark Busters offers entrepreneurs the opportunity to take charge of their future in a business that can give pet owners control of their pets, and the emotional drama associated with pets that live by their own rules in our world.
- Kathy & Peter Plourde; South Denver, CO
Advantages to the Bark Busters Franchise
- Bark Busters is a well-established and respected franchise system.
- Our system is an innovative, holistic and unique training service for dogs and their owner families with a behavioral modification service for problem dogs.
- Bark Busters has trained in excess of 250,000 dogs worldwide.
- Bark Busters offers a professional service to dog owners who require a quick, personalized, trouble-free and effective solution to their issues.
- Bark Busters' dog training is non-harsh and effective and has the unique ability to change a dog's unwanted behavior in a two to two and a half hour session
- Training is completed in the comfort and convenience of the client's home, where you confer with the client, assess the situation and associated issues. Then, dog and owners are taken through a reprogramming session.
- As a Bark Busters behavioral therapist, you teach owners how to rectify issues that may frustrate neighbors, county/dog control departments and friends. This includes explaining dog psychology to the owners as it applies specifically to their dog.
- We offer a "Life of the Dog Guarantee," returning free of charge, if required.
- Bark Busters enjoys strong support from various animal shelters, pounds and other pet-related businesses throughout the world. In fact, we are often the behaviorists and trainers the veterinarians prefer.
- Pet spending has grown 100% over the past decade. In 1994, spending was $17 billion, and that figure is now $34.3 billion! The Pet Industry is currently 60 % bigger than the Toy Industry, and 33% larger than the Candy Industry!
- The market for Bark Busters is enormous. Experience has shown that once a franchise is established in a local area, the word spreads quickly about the effectiveness of the services.
The Wilson's have extensive experience in obedience training and the behavioral science of dogs. Both have published several books, produced videos and have made numerous appearances on Australian national television, radio and in the print media.Under the guidance of an experienced management team, Bark Busters expanded operations into the US market in June 2000.
With an overwhelming response to the Bark Busters training system, the company was able to award all Colorado franchises in just 1-1/2 years.
It has now also expanded into over 31 states with 100+ franchises and growing. Growth is planned across the entire USA within the next five years.
Currently, there are 175 franchises across 6 countries. They are located throughout Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Japan, Canada and here in the United States.
Awards and Recognition for Bark Busters
Entrepreneur Magazine Ranked Bark Busters as Follows:
Top 500 Franchises in America
2005 # 278
2004 # 468
2003 # 353
Top 101 Home-Based Franchises
2005 # 75
2004 # 99
Top Global American Franchises
2005 # 137
2003 # 158
Top Low Cost Franchises
2005 # 73
Denver Business Journal Top 25 Colorado - Based Franchises
2005 # 11
2004 # 13
2003 # 13
Franchise Times Fast 55 - Fastest Growing Franchises
In 2002, Bark Busters won the AusIndustry Business of the Year Award, the Australian Post Management and Development Award, and the Small Business of the Year Award.
Additionally, in 1998 Sylvia Wilson won the Telstra, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award, and in 1999 she was inducted into the Australian Business Women's Hall of Fame. Also that year, the Wilsons won the NSW Ansett Australia Business Owners Award.